SPINNER offers value for a broad variety of applications in naval and marine
In navigation, there is a growing need for reliable and high-performance communication and data transmission with a long lifetime and reduced efforts for maintenance. SPINNER is a leading manufacturer of premium radio frequency components for signal distribution and transmission and delivers such value for various use cases in civil aeronautics. Below you’ll find a list of typical applications however it is not comprehensive. Please contact our sales for your customized solution.
- Satellite Communication: Satellite communication for navigation includes communication between stationary earth stations and ships via satellites for the transmission of radio, telephony or data. Applications supported by mobile satellite radio systems include broadband Internet access, telephony or data transmission for vessels in civil marine.
- Radar: Satellite communication for naval and marine includes communication between stationary earth stations and ships or directly between vessels via satellites for the transmission of radio, telephony or data. Applications supported by mobile satellite radio systems include broadband internet access, telephony or data transmission in civil, private or commercial shipping, e.g. for cruise ships, cargo ships, motor and sailing yachts, life rescue.
- Data Transmission in FPSO Turrets: Data Transmission with Fiber Optic Swivels in FPSO Turrets without Multiplexing and up to 109 Channels. SPINNER is one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance rotary joints for off-shore or deep-sea applications - for the reliable transmission of power and data with radio frequency or fiber optic technologies. If high data rates and immunity to EMI/EMC impacts are required for the transmission of electrical power, communication or sensor data, fiber optic technology is the preferred choice. If rotation is required, such as rotating turrets, SPINNER's robust fibre optic rotary joints (FORJ) are the first choice.
- Anechoic Chambers: Radio frequency testing of devices for radar or SatCom in a ship in the open-air environment is influenced by a large number of disturbing and unwanted signals in the atmosphere such as other radar sources, cell phones, broadcast and many other radio frequency emissions. This effect can cause misleading test results. The best solution is to put these devices in isolated rooms, shielded boxes or special RF test chambers with low-reflection surfaces, so-called anechoic chambers. Anechoic chambers are common for test scenarios of antennas and components for radar and SatCom applications in naval and marine.
- mmWave Measurement: Up-to-date measurement equipment is essential for all development and testing lab environments, production and quality control departments that deal with RF signals on coaxial lines. Particularly for vector network analyzers (VNA), high-precision connectors, terminations and adapters are a must. SPINNER offers precision RF components for millimeter wave measurement accompanying the technical evolution. SPINNER has developed new millimeter-wave-to-coaxial products for the V, E and W bands (50 GHz – 110 GHz) fulfilling extremely high standards
Many well-known manufacturers rely on rotary joints and passive components from SPINNER
To support such applications, resistance to extreme environmental conditions and longevity, broadband capacity and faster and error-free data rates are essential. Above all for moving vessels like boats and ships there is almost no way of doing it without rotary joints. When it comes to solutions for satellite communication for navigation, many well-known manufacturers rely on rotary joints and passive components for transmission by means of high-frequency signals, light waves or other technologies from SPINNER.
In addition, any combination of transmission technologies can be combined: high power, data, fibre optic, fast Ethernet and RF signals.
If you can’t find the right solution for your specific requirements among the products presented online, please contact our sales department by email.